Insert multiple fields (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 18:39
Is it possible to insert multiple fields in word mail merge, at one time, without having to click the down arrow each time after each field insertion?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:39
I haven't done this for a long time but I think you can create a template document in word with placeholders for the fields? Would that solve your problem?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 18:39
I haven't done this for a long time but I think you can create a template document in word with placeholders for the fields? Would that solve your problem?

I think it would if I was using the same fields, but I just inherited a db via the cloud that I am experimenting on what fields will work best for my data retrieval, plus my main office keeps adding needed data. It is a pain inserting a field, click down arrow, click down arrow. etc.. I though that maybe Big Bill would have already thought of that and would have program Word so lets say hold shift and insert all the fields you wanted.
Maybe I need to put it on a wish list.
I probable should put this in a new thread, but, while I am at it the phone fields have input mask so when I mail merge they show up all the numbers together. 3535023263. How do I get around that. When I make my own db I use a text field so do not have that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom