Internet control on form (1 Viewer)

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:14
I tried putting an Internet control on a form, both the ActiveX version and the native Microsoft one. Both open the website okay, but neither one allows something I need.

The site is a mapping portal: https://mapy.cz/

When the site is open in a browser, I can press and hold the mouse to move the map around, but when the site is open on my form, that doesn't work. Other parts of the site do work from the form, though, so it's not a static snapshot. Is there some way to make this work properly? Without that ability, opening this site in my Access form is useless.

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Petr. You may be barking up the wrong tree. I tried using Google Maps' URL (https://www.google.com/maps/@48.1247768,-88.9853125,4z) and didn't have the same issue with the URL you're using. It makes me think it's in the way the website is capturing the mouse drag, perhaps?

You're right, the Google site works properly. Any ideas on how to make the Mapy site work the same way?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
You're right, the Google site works properly. Any ideas on how to make the Mapy site work the same way?
Hi Petr. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to make the Mapy site behave differently than what it may have been designed to do. Have you tried asking them? The question could be as simple as "How do they implement map dragging?" The next question is "Do they know if it's the same implementation as what Google Maps uses?" Just some ideas...

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Petr. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to make the Mapy site behave differently than what it may have been designed to do. Have you tried asking them? The question could be as simple as "How do they implement map dragging?" The next question is "Do they know if it's the same implementation as what Google Maps uses?" Just some ideas...

I've written them several times in the past about other issues. For technical questions, they're about as helpful as gravel on an ice rink.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
I've written them several times in the past about other issues. For technical questions, they're about as helpful as gravel on an ice rink.
I hear you. Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas. Hopefully, someone else would jump in with fresh ideas. Good luck!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:14
Is there any significant reason why you have to use Mapy?
If not, suggest you change to a different mapping supplier such as Google, Bing etc

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Is there any significant reason why you have to use Mapy?
If not, suggest you change to a different mapping supplier such as Google, Bing etc

It's a local mapping site for this country, and has better local information than any other site. Since the user of this database is a local zoologist, and the data in it is exclusively local sightings of local fauna, this site is by far the best for his use. A different one would work, of course, but it's a poor second choice.

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
have you looked at the API?
https://api.mapy.cz/

I have, in fact, that was my first thought on making use of the site, but I have not been able to do anything with it. It is a bit outside my areas of expertise, and I don't even know where to start. I've asked around at work, written their help line, looked for web tutorials, but have gotten nowhere. If you do know how to use such things and are willing to help steer a complete novice along the first steps, I would be delighted to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom