Introduction by Frank Parsons (1 Viewer)

FrankParsosns911

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:45
"Hi Programmers
I am new to this site and haven't used other sites much.
I am a retired teacher and still work in the education field, now mostly with data.
I am a novice, not a beginner programmer in Access.
I have successfully bumbled my way to producing three significant Access DBs over the last 20 years.
1. My first significant database about 15 years ago involved automation of student suspension records. This was used across many sites.
2. My second significant database involved student data records particularly automated scoring. There are far better products on the market now.
3. My best work was automating records for the local Coast Guard boating movements.

Now I am supporting schools with student data again.

I am familiar with Tables, Forms, Queries, Reports and their associated macros and VBA coding. I was taught early on to name my objects with say T01:Name etc to prioritise and identify objects in sequence. With Access now, that seems that is less needed given the 'folder' structure.

I come to this site because it seems to provide clearer and simpler solutions rather than exhaustive programming. Basically, if I encounter a problem I can't solve, I need perhaps a couple of lines of code, not the whole program.
I notice this site would suit my needs.
Hope this site can help me when I post which will be shortly."

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:45
Hi Frank - Welcome to AWF !

One of our VIP's Isladogs (Colin) has done a raft of work with school applications - he'll be along soon I'm sure!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:45
Welcome to AWF Frank. Glad to have you aboard.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:45
Hi Frank
As Minty mentioned, I'm also an ex-teacher who has worked extensively with data in schools.
If you are interested, you can see some of my commercial and free products for schools at http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/. There are DEMO versions available for several of the apps

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:45
Glad you came aboard, Frank. Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom