Inventory Mass Update form (1 Viewer)

cnstarz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:13
I want to create a form that allows users to update multiple fields for multiple assets. Below is what I came up with:

Ideally, I'd like the subform to be filled in by having the user select multiple Assets from the S/N combobox field which would then auto-populate the "Type" field. Then they would fill out the appropriate fields they want edited in the top part of the form. They hit save and magic happens. This would also be nice because only assets they want edited would be displayed (easier on the eyes) and no distinguishing would be necessary. To do it this way, I know I would need to use a temp table but I wanna avoid using temp tables.

I know I can do this by adding a Yes/No field in the "Asset" table, setting the "Asset" table as the subform's recordsource, and then putting a checkbox in the subform and allowing them to check the assets that they want to edit (which would also allow me to sort it instantly so that checked Assets are at the top of the datasheet for easy viewing), but I would like to know if there's a way of accomplishing this without the use of checkboxes.

I know I could also use a listbox and that allows them to multi-select items, but I'm not sure if that allows me to group all selected items at the top of the listbox for easy viewing of selected items. Plus it would involve a lot of scrolling (there are over 2k assets).

Any other ideas?

cnstarz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:13
I have a table (tbAssets) that has assets. Some of tbAsset's fields are: Status, Type, Make, Model, Room#, Condition, etc (all the fields in the form). There are times when multiple assets need the same changes; for instance, 10 assets may move to a new room (room 200). Instead of updating the Room# field to "200" for each record individually, I'd like to be able to update the Room# for all of them simultaneously.

While I know that I can use checkboxes, temp tables, or a listbox, I'd like to avoid using those for the reasons mentioned in my first post.

Edit: the button on the form that says "Add Assets" needs to be changed to "Edit Assets". I'm sure that's confusing, lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom