Iran: A Nuclear Power? (1 Viewer)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:56
I'm not sure they were in anger Col. I think at the time they were in self preservation.

But why would you care, we had already beaten your enemy for you.

Remind us again where else you've managed to win a large conflict without OUR help

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:56
Actually we seem to be better protected here against terrorist controlled flying objects than the US

If I were a mod I would ban you for that comment. It's rude, offensive, uncalled for, and off topic.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
If I were a mod I would ban you for that comment. It's rude, offensive, uncalled for, and off topic.

Unfortunately that appears to be a typical American attitude, dish it out but can't take it, so ban the other guy.

Why is Col's comment more offensive than all of the american "we won the war for you" tirades we get on here?

Brian

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
It's one thing to make a point, and it's another thing to rub an American's nose in a national tragedy. Make your point, but be respectful.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I think that you will find that we had lost more people in WW2 before you were forced to join it, than you lost in 11/9/2001, so maybe we should find Thales silly point, which you wanted to say, about you winning our war, even more offensive, especially as up to that point you were sitting on the side lines rubbing your hands with glee as we spent all of our overseas assets buying from you.

Brian

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Unfortunately that appears to be a typical American attitude, dish it out but can't take it, so ban the other guy.

Why is Col's comment more offensive than all of the american "we won the war for you" tirades we get on here?

Brian

Brian,
You of course know that I was being sarcastic, in response to Col's continuous abusive and unenlightened views.

The European WWII was absolutely an Allied war. All of us needed each of us. Similar to what I expound on now, and you know that.
I know a lot of Americans, and not one of them harbors any ill feeling towards the British, Irish, English, or Scott. Any indications seen to the contrary on this forum are irrelevant to reality.
The British nations and the US must remain the best of allies.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I think that you will find that we had lost more people in WW2 before you were forced to join it, than you lost in 11/9/2001, so maybe we should find Thales silly point, which you wanted to say, about you winning our war, even more offensive, especially as up to that point you were sitting on the side lines rubbing your hands with glee as we spent all of our overseas assets buying from you.

Brian

That's only partially true. The US was sending aid to Britten long before we enter the effort directly. My father’s uncle joined the Canadian Royall Air Force and flew bombing mission until he joined the US Army and continued until the end of the conflict.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Thanks Thales, perhaps you could have a quiet word with Speaker, he takes everything too seriously and would have us all banned.

People can take Rich and Col a number of ways
1 Join in the banter
2 Decide that they are not worth bothering with and ignore them.

As Shane (aka Shaneman) said when I met him in Dallas, " I know where Rich and Col are coming from, so sometimes I respond and sometimes I don't , it depends on how I feel" to paraphase it a bit.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
That's only partially true. The US was sending aid to Britten long before we enter the effort directly. My father’s uncle joined the Canadian Royall Air Force and flew bombing mission until he joined the US Army and continued until the end of the conflict.

I'm really generalising abou the Gov and business, I know that we had American volunteers fighting on our side, but hey you've got to ignore some facts to have a good argument. :D

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
The invasion of Iraq by the idiots Bush and Bliar was even more uncalled for, perhaps you'd make an ideal candidate for Republican leadership..........

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
That's only partially true. The US was sending aid to Britten long before we enter the effort directly.
That would depend on how you define the word "AID"

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
The invasion of Iraq by the idiots Bush and Bliar was even more uncalled for, perhaps you'd make an ideal candidate for Republican leadership..........

LLLAAAAALLLLAAAllllaaa....I CANT HEAR YOU....llllaaaalllllaallllalaa

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Ok boys,
The topic is what are we going to do about nations having nuclear capabilities that are in direct conflict with Western (British, American, European, and Asian) societies.

Is there going to be a time in the future when we look back and say. "Why didn't we do something?"

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Who was this Britten chap:confused:. Do you mean Sir Benjamin Britten the composer? Or was it somebody else.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Who was this Britten chap:confused:. Do you mean Sir Benjamin Britten the composer? Or was it somebody else.

Taking lessons from Col I see. I've told you guys before. I have a learning disability. I can't spell.

That does not however, keep me from thinking.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
When would that be?:confused:
I think you're someone in disguise. You haven’t been around long enough to discern the capacity of anyone here to think less, let alone more.

My approach to life is to seek enlightenment, not to dissuade any dogma, I leave that to the more capable.

puzzled

Access VUP
Local time
Thanks Thales, perhaps you could have a quiet word with Speaker, he takes everything too seriously and would have us all banned.

People can take Rich and Col a number of ways
1 Join in the banter
2 Decide that they are not worth bothering with and ignore them.

Brian
But Brian surely you can see that Rich's response was a direct retort to the American we're alright here Jack post.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom