Question Is Access 2016 reliable (1 Viewer)

Svencanz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:51
Hi,
I have joined to ask the experienced folks on this forum about your confidence levels in Access 2016.
I have had a few versions of Access over the years and I now sit on 2007.
My girlfriend works in a trade/industry that has no customized data product for it, and I have been playing around with this for the last few weeks.
I now have a working DB with the core functionality done in Access 2007.
Scouting out runtime and concurrent version info, I now understand you cannot run 2016 runtime if any other-than 2016 Office products are running?
The so-called MS sales techs (the ones you text) have been less-than-helpful here, as in they supply incorrect answers for 3 out of 4 questions...
I am also confused by the 365 subscription models, and fear that any prospective clients would be just as confused...

My plan is to take this database, transfer it to 2016 and there develop nice screens and menus. Then I will be selling it, and telling people to download the runtime, if they don't have a full Office 2016 license.

In the old days I would just have gone to the shop and bought the latest model of Access, not worrying about things.

Am I being paranoid, or do you think it's "best to wait" with Access 2016 at this point. (I could also develop the product in something else - C# has been suggested...)

Thankful for any insight,
Sven
New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom