Is is possible to Strikethrough text in an RFT field using keyboard shortcut. (1 Viewer)

bignose2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:02
Hi,
large RTF text field.
Is it possible to Strikethrough text, similar to Ctrl B bold, U underline etc.
I suspect not as it does not come up when you drag & select text, where you can change font & colour etc.

I image some way could add html tag via VBA but as not that essential not worth the programming, just would be nice, if easy

Thanks I/A

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:02
I tried HTML tags and Access ignores them.

Probably the best can get is to overlay textboxes. And doing this dynamically with data would be a nightmare.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I don't think its possible to assign a keyboard shortcut.
However, it can be done easily using a strikethrough font.
1637159061615.png

There are several free strikethrough fonts available at 12 Free Strikethrough Fonts · 1001 Fonts
The best is probably the one shown above : BPTypewriteStrikethrough

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:02
In my old version of Access (2010) at home, there is no strikethrough option on the Format panel, which makes me think that there is no mechanism to directly implement the strikethrough. However, a test comes to mind. If you have some other utility that supports rich-text and strikethrough, try to create a short text string with strikethrough and try to copy/paste it into the text box that is set for rich text. If it would work for cut-paste then there might be a way to do it. However, I'm going to suggest that since the properties "Format" tab does not support strikethrough directly, it may just be that my version of Access doesn't support the option.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:02
A strikethrough font! Learned something new. I expect it would have to be dowloaded onto every computer that runs the db.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
In my old version of Access (2010) at home, there is no strikethrough option on the Format panel, which makes me think that there is no mechanism to directly implement the strikethrough. However, a test comes to mind. If you have some other utility that supports rich-text and strikethrough, try to create a short text string with strikethrough and try to copy/paste it into the text box that is set for rich text. If it would work for cut-paste then there might be a way to do it. However, I'm going to suggest that since the properties "Format" tab does not support strikethrough directly, it may just be that my version of Access doesn't support the option.
I tested that a long time ago & again just now. When text containing strikethrough is pasted into Access, that formatting is lost.
Using a strikethrough font appears to be the only option

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:02
Yep, I kind of thought so... but since I have an old version of Access, I hoped it might have changed. Oh, well... if it loses the strikethrough property that means it isn't supported as a font modifier.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:02
have you tried Leban's RTF control?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom