Is It Possible to Appear Desired Text At Next Line In A Text Box In Report? (1 Viewer)

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Today, 14:58
Hi,

For some specific reason I am displaying some context in a text box. But I need my text lines to appear in specific format

Example:

1. Disclosing and Receiving Parties

The party disclosing the information is commonly referred to as the “Disclosing Party” and the party receiving it is referred to as the “Receiving Party.”

“Disclosing Party” and the “Receiving Party” have indicated an interest in exploring a potential business relationship to perform the tasks with agreed terms as per mentioned in the contract.

This above all I will place in TEXT BOX in report a like follows:

="<b>1. Confidentiality & Publicity: </b>" & "The non-discloser and confidentiality of this agreement is entered into as of (the effective date) by and between:
............. the other party from disclosing it."

But I want blank line after "1. Disclosing and Receiving Parties:".

And then the next sentece should apprea which is " The party disclosing....."

Dont know if it is possible or not.

Can someone guide me please.

Thanks a lot.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:28
add a "break":

="<b>1. Confidentiality & Publicity: </b><br><br>" & "The non-discloser and confidentia

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 02:28
Using textboxes, i have attached two images to serve as guide.

Attachments

• design view.PNG
    design view.PNG
    11.4 KB · Views: 311
  • report view.PNG
    report view.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 312

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:28
Although you can do a lot with Access reports, you can't make them look as nice as Word documents when they are mostly text. Have you considered creating a word template and using bookmarks to hold the variable information? If that is of interest, I can post a sample.

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Today, 14:58
Although you can do a lot with Access reports, you can't make them look as nice as Word documents when they are mostly text. Have you considered creating a word template and using bookmarks to hold the variable information? If that is of interest, I can post a sample.
Yes, I am trying create word template.

I appreciate if you could upload sample.

Thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:28
Here's a sample. It is very basic and uses hard coded mapping. If you have more than one document to create, you should create a basic infrastructure that includes mapping tables that match query field names with bookmarks in specific documents. Then the automation code opens a recordset with the query and the code uses the mapping table in a loop so it never needs to know all the documents or field/bookmark combinations. I have applications in production for an insurance application that manage thousands of documents. All the documents with bookmarks are created by the user (after a little training) and so are the mapping tables. There is a sample form in the app that has code to pull out bookmarks. That can be used to make it easy for the users to enter the mapping for all the bookmarks of a particular document.

Attachments

• SampleLettersOnly.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 312
  • SampleWordAutomation_20210314.zip
    306.1 KB · Views: 318

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom