Is it possible to improve filters for the New Posts view? (1 Viewer)

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:06
Hi,

Is there any facility to extend the filter functionality to exclude certain boards from the results list?

20200613124425_www.access-programmers.co.uk.png

It would be great to be able to focus on just Access problems without all the other noise.

TIA,

d

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:06
That's an interesting idea, but the list would be 36 items long and somewhat volatile, albeit to a small degree. I would probably make use of such a feature though I'd be happier with the ability to keep certain threads off of the New posts list. That would be asking too much.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Although I rarely use the filters, I think that's a great idea.
If the filters were done by forum area it would only need 6 items for most users (excluding VIP and mods areas)
-Access World, Microsoft Access Discussion, Excel and other spreadsheets, Microsoft Access Reference, Apps and Windows, Non-Access Issues

Also I'm unclear why The Watercooler forum is located as part of Access World. Surely it should be in non-Access Issues

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't know about that. Sounds like you're saying if you don't want to see Access Web, you have to block the entire group, thus you don't see anything in the other 8 forums like Reports, Queries, etc.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
True ... but it does mean @cheekybuddha could for example filter out Non Access Issues if he wanted to do so .

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
You're right about the Watercooler being in the wrong place IMHO.

deletedT

Local time
I’m not sure if this satisfies OP or not, but for me a technical/non-technical filter would help. Apparently watercooler, politic etc goes into the nontechnical one.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
>> If the filters were done by forum area it would only need 6 items for most users (excluding VIP and mods areas) <<

That would work well.

Being able to filter out Access World and Non-Access Issues would do for me.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There is a plugin available for purchase but there is nothing in the budget for site improvements for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom