Is there a size limit to detail section of a report? (1 Viewer)

jimtimber

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:03
Hi,

We are creating a report and for some reason we can no longer extend the detail section of the report. It has stopped at 2 A4 pages length and won't let us extend it further. We have about 7 pages of the report, I didn't think this was too much? Anyone know how to change this please?

Thanks,

J

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Yes there is a limit, and you have hit it. I found this designing a fairly complex 5+ page contract report.
The only easy way around it is to make each page a sub report and embed them in the main report detail. you can size them in the main report very small, but able to grow. Forcing a new page after each sub report will make it format correctly

It takes a bit of fiddling but does work.

jimtimber

Registered User.
Local time
Yes there is a limit, and you have hit it. I found this designing a fairly complex 5+ page contract report.
The only easy way around it is to make each page a sub report and embed them in the main report detail. you can size them in the main report very small, but able to grow. Forcing a new page after each sub report will make it format correctly

It takes a bit of fiddling but does work.

thanks Minty, i'll give that a go. I've started each page as a separate report and then will drop it all into 1 and pray that works :) Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again,

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom