is there a way to save and Don't save bounded fields? (1 Viewer)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 09:09
No, it does not. It just saves.
Or to say it another way. I probably have built easily over 1k Access databases and never added a save button. It is a "football bat".
IIRC, the only time I ever had to add Save buttons was on the insistence of a client who wanted to push the buttons. ... On the forms, not their developer. ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:09
Using Access????

Yes. We were tracking the status and results regarding required maintenance that had to be done on the 1500+ servers and 80+ projects we were hosting. Essentially, tracking whether server XYZ on project ABC was patched according to the latest (twice-monthly) directives. The DB was deemed to be Sensitive But Unclassified and was hidden behind a couple of pretty stout Navy firewalls. It was not accessible to the world and the reports it gave us were important to the 80+ project managers. It did not contain personally identifiable information and didn't contain server passwords, so we got by using Access. There's a longer story than that, but I believe that answers the basic question.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:09
IIRC, the only time I ever had to add Save buttons was on the insistence of a client who wanted to push the buttons. ... On the forms, not their developer. ;)
going back to post#1, that was the one being asked (for suggestion).
I want to save the record to table is Save button is presses and don't save the record (either user entered data into the fields) if Cancel button is pressed.

any suggestion?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:09
And the simple answer which is two lines of code is back in post #7.

Ensuring that the user push one of the buttons is a little more complicated. Now you have to have code in several events, plus you need a variable that gets set when the record is dirtied and unset when the record gets saved or the record gets canceled. But, we never got past the discussion on why you would not need to wrap a transaction inside of a transaction to change the way Access works to accomplish any of this so we don't know if the OP wants to take it to this level. Most people just want an easy way to cancel an update and it doesn't get any easier than Me.Undo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom