Is there an All-in-One Power Bank? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:04
You know... A single power bank which can charge Mobile Phones, Laptops and sometimes has to do act as an UPS too for Wi-Fi-routers (we still get 8 Hours Power shutdown once in a Month)

One generic Question:
Which is the latest technology in Battery?
Lithium ion or Lithium Polymer?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:34
I recently watched a video on YouTube by Sandy Munro, halfway through the video Sandy advertised a "Power Bank" It was quite an impressive product. You can see it in the video here at time index 5:40

The Longest-Lasting Portable Power Station​

And here's the website of the manufacturer of the power bank:-

Anker 757 PowerHouse - 1229Wh | 1500W

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:34
Battery stuff is becoming amazing. I cannot believe the power of my tiny little Makita 18 V power drill.

I also have a heap of Ego 56 volt battery powered garden tools including a lawn mower, multi tool (with brushcutter, cultivator, lawn edger), hedge trimmer, blower and whipper snipper (for wife). They are awesome. The cultivator is especially unbelievably effective. The even make a ride on mower which can take six batteries.

There four battery sizes from 2.4 Ahr to 10 Ahr that work in all of them.

The also make a 150 Watt inverter with USB output. You can't charge the battery while using it so that would be a limitation as a UPS.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:34
Google ‘uninterruptible power supply’ I used to have one about 20 years ago when I lived in an area subject to regular mini blackouts which kept all my equipment going for hours. Although boiling a kettle would kill It pretty quickly. You need to know what your power requirements are (watts) and for how long to determine what size of ups you require

all equipment needs to be fairly close - mine was by my desk (about the size of a car battery) . But I guess you could use an extension lead if necessary.

setup is ups is permanently connected to the mains everything else permanently plugged into the ups. My ups had two sockets but you can use an adapter if more sockets required.

batteries don’t last forever, mine lasted about 3 years but I’m sure technology has moved in considerably since then

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom