Is this possible? Crosstab maybe? (1 Viewer)

kgcrowther

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:57
My data needs to organized differently for data entry and for querying. Is it possible to easily change data from the following form (which allows for easy data entry)

These are the fields to enter on form:

nam c1 d1 e1 c2 d2 e2 c3 d3 e3

These are how the data need to be org:

num nam c d e

Is this possible? Maybe with a crosstab query? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?

Kenneth

[This message has been edited by kgcrowther (edited 06-14-2001).]

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
How is your table set up?
nam c1 d1 e1 c2 d2 e2 c3 d3 e3 ?
Or is this from your crosstab query?

Please explain what c d e are as these probaly only need to be one field in a related table like this

num Widget
1 c
2 d
3 e
etc

Please post more details.

kgcrowther

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sorry the the original statement was so vague. c,d, and e are properties that descride uses of a piece of equipment.

c= equipment type (ie PLC, HMI, flow transmitter, etc.)
d= euipment series or manufacturer (ie Allen Bradley, Honeywell, etc.)
e= control software that was used with the equipment(ie Wonderware, Labview, etc)

For entering the data it would be very simple if one could have multiple blocks of the three items together on a form. Maybe ten blocks(all of which might not get used in every form). This would be all the equipment for one engineer and then they could enter and it would automatically fill the spaces with the same information for the next engineers and only minor changes would need to be made in the data. But for searching and reporting purposes it would be much better in all the "c" were in one field, all the "d" in one field, etc.

It doesn't seem like I can really do this, but I thought I'd ask to make sure because it would be really great if I could create a pivot table or module that would move my data and put all the "c" in one field and just number the equipment pieces.

Please tell me what you think.

Kenneth

[This message has been edited by kgcrowther (edited 06-15-2001).]

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
It's hard to say, not knowing how you have set up your tables and relationships.
If you have done this correctly then a normal form and subform should suffice.
You can't use crosstabs or pivot tables for data entry, they are for reporting and querying only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom