Is Vegetarianism the apex of cruelty? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:33
Some may argue that if you eat meat, you are depriving animals of life and that is cruel. But I say, if you turn everybody into a vegetarian you are effectively murdering the unborn. The meat industry results in life for so many animals. Shut it down and you block the ready-to-be-borns right to life.

What say thee?

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
It's cruel because it's murdering the planet in the name of saving the planet...

Think of how many acres of deforestation are made to grow food for Vegan processing such as Almonds. Think of all the Carbon fuels that are burnt in the processing of these foods...

Yet they bleat about how they are saving the planet, how niave of a species we are...

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:33
10 million butchers (just a random guess) out of work. Now what do they do?

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:33
There was an article on the internet recently talking about what would happen to everyone suddenly went vegetarian. It would definitely affect the world economy. I have a co-worker who is a very strict vegetarian. He checks product labels to make sure eggs were not used in making the product. 10 billion hens out of work.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
teach a man to fish and you feed him for life
teach a man to grow veg and he'll starve before he can eat anything:geek:

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:33
The amount of extra agriculture needed to feed everybody only on potatoes or salads would be far bigger than meat I think.
Also they would need far more pesticide or GM stuff to grow faster/stronger crops who don't decay after 3-4 days...

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
not to mention seasonality
Well we already have greenhouses. So imagine huge greenhouses warmed up 24/7 at 30°C to grow some exotic stuff.. The amount of heat it will generate and the power needed to maintain all that... We can start building nuclear plants just for that... How great is that for the environment ?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Well we already have greenhouses

Hold on a minute, why mess around with greenhouses? Soon global warming will replace all greenhouses right across the World, so we can all be vegetarians!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
With lots of CO2 you get lots of veg. Don't worry Uncle, you will get your 5 a day, no problem!

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Without meat, he will need far more than 5 a day xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom