Solved Issue of Record deletion error in Main/subform (1 Viewer)

AnilBagga

Local time
Today, 14:25
I got this error in the main form/subform today

1613551412908.png

In the table linked to the main form I see a record as below which seems to be the cause of the problem.

1613551554948.png

The table linked to subform is as below

1613551366841.png

I deleted the 2 entries in the sub form related table, ID 2470 and 2471 but am unable to delete the row ID 1237 in main table which shows #Deleted# in all the columns!

a) What could be the reasons for this error? The form is in a split form database

b) How do the resolve the issue?

Please help!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:55
Requery your form.

AnilBagga

Local time
Requery your form.
How does one do that Arnel? I added me.requery in events tab of the main form under Gotfocus property - the only way I found out to requery the form. I still get the same error

I guess deleting the affected row in the table is the key! How does one do that? Why can it it a simple deletion like any other row in a table?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:55
It might be a corruption.
It might be that the table is open, and another user (maybe even yourself) has deleted the record.

You need to clarify what is happening. Be careful about fixing it, as you can make a problem worse.

AnilBagga

Local time
It might be a corruption.
It might be that the table is open, and another user (maybe even yourself) has deleted the record.

You need to clarify what is happening. Be careful about fixing it, as you can make a problem worse.
Yes. That was the reason. I got all users, including myself, to close the Front end files then deleted the record
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom