Solved Issue when add a table to query design - query returns no data (1 Viewer)

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:30
Hi i have a tbl called Tbl_PottingData.

This table is made up of unique ids of various other tables and pulls together a lot of data.

I then create a qry from the table that pulls in other tables linked to the unique ids. THe problem is i then add another table that is linked to the data and the qry then just returns blank data. Clearly this table is causing me the issue - what are the common pitfalls to look for to try and see what is causing the issue.

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
TO elaborate, please see images attached of what is happening. Hopefully that helps show my issue
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
it means there are no records in tblCustPot with an ID to match the one in your query. You need to check the contents of your table

To avoid the issue change the join to a left join - include all the records from your query and only those in tblCustPot where there is a match

Whether this is what you actually want to happen is another matter.

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, CJ. You were correct i had made a **** up in the query design and was referencing wrong table. Thanks for helping me problem search it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom