It seemed like a good idea at the time... (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:22
Today's "Bad Call" entry:

Getting a large frozen margarita with a take out lunch order from the local Mexican Restaurant in honor of Cinco de Mayo.

This afternoon Teams meeting should be good...

Attachments

• IMG-20220505-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20220505-WA0001.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 257

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
They told me this WAS a medium...may have been a language barrier thingy...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:22
LOL! Truth be told I just pulled that image off the internet. That said, there was a restaurant in town that served drinks like that, but they were definitely "sharing size". I'd be horizontal long before I finished one of those on my own. I'm a cheap drunk. ;)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
But my grand daughter can really pack 'em away. :p

1651776109726.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:22
I'll join you in spirit - but not in spirits. With my quirky liver, I'm off of alcohol and most pizzas. Two of life's better gustatory pleasures.

The good news is that I can still have Chinese and most Greek foods.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
How was that a bad call ?? :)

I can't drink any more but when I did no meeting was so good as one in between day drinking, I'm just sayin'...

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:22
@pbaldy You should wipe some of that salt off first. Too much salt in their margaritas is bad for kids.

@moke123 Salt is actually good, imo. Caveat -- in it's natural form! Sadly, what's processed and packaged for sale to the general public is not! Natural sea salt has lots of other minerals that are beneficial; however, once the NaCl (Sodium Cloride) is extracted, and has Iodine added in a form that human bodies can't process well, it is no longer good ... better would be to say that it's BAD

However, @NauticalGent to hold true to the topic ... alcohol can make us much more relaxed! Had bad test anxieties in college. Was flunking one of my classes, so brought a 6-pack to the final -- Ace-d it and passed the class!

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
... alcohol can make us much more relaxed! Had bad test anxieties in college. Was flunking one of my classes, so brought a 6-pack to the final -- Ace-d it and passed the class!
True enough, my biggest concern is my mouth. My filter is sporadic and sometimes only works AFTER shots have been fired. Alcohol sends it into hibernation...not a good thing when the corporate big-wigs are in attendance. Thank GOD for the mute button...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom