Join AWF without posting? (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:34
Can you join AWF without posting?
Why would you want to do that? :)

The O/P in this thread https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/introduction.323763/#post-1832630 has only two posts, both today, yet the site shows they joined Feb 2020?

I have seen a few like this.
I know we have people that only come here when they have a problem and that could be few and far between, so low post count, yet joined many years ago, but the above new member's post and join date seem strange to me?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
don't know but perhaps something to do with advertising? if you are a member, no ads?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I think only VIPs and mods get an ad free life!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:34
yeah the ads only disappear at vip time.

maybe they are like me. i joined a long time before i started really being active. i probably joined on an impulse but then for whatever reason realized i didn't need to post much ... then wasn't doing access for a while ... then started back in again and start posting prolifically. (ok, i confess, the prolific was more the fun of chatting about non-access subjects!).
so the end result was it looked like i joined years prior to becoming active. but it's just the way things worked out

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Do you need to be a member to be able to download stuff here? I know that is the case at other sites.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Also, have you ever started to write a question in a post only to realise the answer as you were doing so?

Perhaps they joined up originally, started asking, found their answer and never posted! Then lurked, finding answers without needing to ask/post until now?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Also, have you ever started to write a question in a post only to realise the answer as you were doing so?

Perhaps they joined up originally, started asking, found their answer and never posted! Then lurked, finding answers without needing to ask/post until now?
No I have not. When I ask here, I have exhausted everything I know or could find out. :)

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 23:34
From memory, I think so.
I just logged out and was able to download the file from this post

So it seems downloads doesn't need membership.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:34

Another thing I've noticed I've done before, I think this happens to others as well. Unfortunately it's not a positive thing sometimes.
I ask a question to get advice about what options I have for a given situation. Then, I become impatient while awaiting replies/input, and I run off to make my final choice. Later I get good insight as to the various things I might have considered, had I only waited.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time

Like this you mean? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom