Joining Tables in a Query (1 Viewer)

Jammin

Local time
Today, 18:14
I am a beginner to Microsoft Access 97 and a beginner to programming. I am trying to do a simple query with three tables. A common column is set in each table called TagName. The first table contains tagnames for all the data. (Tagnames from the other two tables can all be found in the first table.) I want to join these tables so that it will list all the information from all three tables, listed in ascending order of TagName. I have little background in programming and have come to the conclusion that I will need some code.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:14
Open a new query in design view. Select the three tables and close the table popup.
Connect Tagname of table1 to Tagname of table2. Then connect Tagname of table1 to Tagname of table3. Double click on the middle of the first join line to bring up the join type properties and choose option 2. Then do the same for the second join line. If the double click brings up the properties dialog instead of the join dialog, close the popup and try again.

Then select all the fields you want in the result set.

No coding is required.

Jammin

Local time
Today, 18:14
Thanks, I had no idea how to access the join properties. Your time is greatly appreciated.
Jammin

B

bhp59

Pat,
Could you give an explanation of what you mean by result set.

Thanks,
bhp59

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:14
Results set is another name for recordset. It is more commonly used in IBM documentation. A recordset is all the rows and columns selected by running a select query.

B

bhp59

Thanks, I'm definitely having trouble figuring out how to da this report.

bhp59

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom