JOINT FORM UPDATE (1 Viewer)

dubiousp

Local time
Today, 12:17
Good afternoon I have two sets of tabbed blocks left and right of the screen
1601986609196.png

My even log in the right screen is just a running update of actions to be enter as and when they occur being time, event , note then initials
1601986700399.png

Two questions, I would like to have a copy of the event tab with event log on the tabs in the left so the user can switch between depending on what else is being entered whilst a copy of the form works the records do not update until a save.. Is there a way that these can update in a live fashion

The second question and Im sure its only a setting in the properties my events are in a drop down Combo if I manually type something in the list can it be saved so in future its in the list
1601986957412.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:17
Hi. I don't understand the first question. It probably depends on your setup. For example, are the records being edited stored in the same table as the one used by the event log tab?

For the second question, is the Limit To List set to No? Can you post the Row Source of the combo?

dubiousp

Local time
Afternoon, yes they are writing and reading to the same table,,

1601991212342.png

1601991267357.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Afternoon, yes they are writing and reading to the same table,,

View attachment 85568
View attachment 85569
Hi. Not sure if you understood my first question; but regarding the combobox, I imagine qry_EVENTLOG probably returns more than one column. If so, you'll need to use a Form to enter new data for the table. To do that, you will need to set the Limit To List property to Yes and then use the Not In List event to open the data entry form for the table.

dubiousp

Local time
Ok just on the first point yes I have one table called event log, this takes the information form the form as entered. First question is can I replicate the form so that they mirror each other

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Ok just on the first point yes I have one table called event log, this takes the information form the form as entered. First question is can I replicate the form so that they mirror each other
I don't see why not (remember, I can't really see your db). Best way to find out is to try it.

dubiousp

Local time
Ye have tried it works, the records do sync if you close and reopen database. Im struggling to find a way that they would sync update without closing tried refresh

dubiousp

Local time
Hye yes tried requery but seems not to work if I move to next record or back then return the records sync

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hye yes tried requery but seems not to work if I move to next record or back then return the records sync
Unfortunately, you have to issue the Requery each time there's a change in the data.

dubiousp

Local time
Ok cool interesting you can ener after update on one but the other form which is copt paste only has on click

dubiousp

Local time
So having had a fiddle I used the timer to requery which is a form control, to be fair worked the only problem I found with this method is that on each timer event the list the scroll bars jump back to top and list comb drop down closes that said it proves requery works

My thoughts therefore are that if on change or after update of combo I requery form,,

cbevent_AfterChange

![Event Form].requery

Its here now that I struggle with code to reference a form, any help greatly appreciated

dubiousp

Local time
a little more detail so in either tab set the idea is that both forms replicate each other and update the table so the user can can use either side

1602153117109.png

Attachments

• CDM1R211bTAB3211.accdb
    1.8 MB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom