Junction Table Sub-form (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Yesterday, 23:52
I am trying to make a query or something for a sub-form that is bound to a junction table.
Capture.PNG

The general concept is data is entered into [tblFixtureTypes] with all the various designations for a light fixture (A, B ,C etc). Then later down the line, data is entered into [tblDrawings] (the specific page number of a blue print). On my sub-form, I have a datasheet that only has two fields. TypeID and Quantity from [tblDrawingFixtureType]. TypeID is currently a combo that is populated with all the data from [tblFixtureTypes].

My current version has the user select a type from the combo, then enter a quantity for it. The users don't like that. They want ALL types from [tblFixtureTypes] to be displayed in the datasheet and then enter a quantity for it. I do not know how I could accomplish that, since this sub-form is bound to that junction table and no data exist until a type and quantity is entered.

How could I change the form to display all the [TypeName] for this job and allow the users to enter quantities for them?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:52
It sounds like you want a "checklist" where you see all the choices and do an insert or delete query on the selected choice. There are many examples here.
This is one example but I would search for more on this site.

Post 5 on that thread is a somewhat generic version. The thread gets a little involved because it deals with multiple "checklists". I do not know if there is an official term for this concept I just call the concept "checklist"

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:52
you could try left joining fixture types to drawingfixture type. and in the form before update event assign the drawingid to the value in the parent form. You will probably need to remove the linkchild/master properties from the subform control

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom