Kamala Harris has a good day (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 06:22
If you log in and take a look at this, you will see that they are NOT actually off their horses here. Which is a pretty big surprise to me! But making the 19th a federal holiday I'm not sure makes much difference now though...but good for them if they want to spend their time on recognizing the wrongness of slavery a LONG time AGO:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What I want to know is whether this federal holiday is a day-off kind of day. I know that federal contractors get something like 8 days off per year that are on holiday time. When we gave the blacks Martin Luther King day, we changed another holiday to make up the difference. We USED to get Washington's birthday and Lincoln's birthday, but they were combined into President's Day so that the number of "days off" days stayed the same. So... which holiday did we give up for Juneteenth? Or is it an unofficial holiday like Halloween or All Saint's Day that you get to say "Whoopee" but still have to work?

conception_native_0123

Local time
Or is it an unofficial holiday like Halloween or All Saint's Day that you get to say "Whoopee" but still have to work?
i don't think they clarified that. at least not in the video that I watched .

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:22
What I want to know is whether this federal holiday is a day-off kind of day.

I'm currently on an Air Force base for my daughter's change of command ceremony. It was scheduled for today. At the last minute yesterday they threw things together in a frenzied panic and had it yesterday. Everybody has today off. I don't know if they've taken some other holiday away. Frankly I don't care about honoring this day as a holiday, but throwing it together at the last minute in a feat of blazing speed previously unknown for government feels like a political statement more than honoring an event.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Political statement absolutely. Everything from this point on will be a political statement by this weird ass party

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:22
but throwing it together at the last minute in a feat of blazing speed previously unknown for government feels like a political statement more than honoring an event.
Absotively, posilutely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom