Keyboard shortcuts to switch view in Query design (1 Viewer)

wisekat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:58
I open a query in design view in MS Access 2016. Are there keyboard shortcuts to switch from design view to datasheet view and vice versa?

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:58
Here's the shortcuts for Access 2013. In Access 2013 Ctrl + Period(.) switches in one direction (Grid > Datasheet > SQL) and Ctrl + Comma(,) switches in the other. If you go to far you get a message saying "You tried to perform an operation or feature that was not installed in this version of Microsoft Access"

That's really stupid. Please let us know if it has been fixed in Access 2016

Last edited:

wisekat

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you. I also saw these shortcuts on a page in the online Microsoft Office help center. However, this is not the thing I expected to find. I want to edit my query and switch to datasheet view immediately when I press a key or a simple keystroke. Why do I need to switch the available views in a predefined order??

And yes, the message "You tried to perform an operation or feature that was not installed in this version of Microsoft Access" is still there in MS Access 2016.

wisekat

Registered User.
Local time
After some googling, I found a way to assign ALT+<number> to switch to datasheet view and to design view without looping through view modes. I added the Run and Design View commands to the Quick Access Toolbar. When I press the ALT key, I see the numbers related to my quick commands, and they are numbers, so I can use ALT+<number> to invoke the corresponding command quickly. In my case, I can run the current query I'm working on with ALT+5 and switch to design view using ALT+6.
I found this idea on www dot microsoft-question dot com (can't place a link here - do not have enough posts yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom