laptop Camera analysis barcode (1 Viewer)

SalmanZeiad

Local time
Today, 03:13
how can i use laptop cam to capture any barcode device to paste it numbers to textbox

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 08:13
i only know you have to buy barcode Scanner.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:13
I would agree. The laptop camera would probably capture an image rather than a barcode font.

arnelgp

Local time
maybe you see a cashier swipe some barcode on the monitor, there is actually a Scanner embedded to the monitor. it is not the camera that is scanning it.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
You can scan barcodes with a phones camera, wonder what is the difference.

arnelgp

Local time
anyone of you 2 guys have a Solid MSA VBA example?
Note the Forum: Microsoft Access Discussion.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
anyone of you 2 guys have a Solid MSA VBA example?
Note the Forum: Microsoft Access Discussion.
I know I don't, but I am wondering now if someone else does. Here's a couple more links I found during my quick search.

arnelgp

Local time
maybe there is a simpler (not using .Net) after all, just need to google harder.
there is a COM interface here (as mentioned in the txt file it can be used in Word, but i have yet to test).

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
maybe there is a simpler (not using .Net) after all, just need to google harder.
there is a COM interface here (as mentioned in the txt file it can be used in Word, but i have yet to test).
Right. I am starting to think it may be possible.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@SalmanZeiad
Since there are a myriad of mobile apps that "use" the camera in conjunction with their scanning software, I would think that you could install software on the laptop that utilizes the camera and creates a barcode scan, without purchasing a Scanner or any hardware.
In fact a quick Google "laptop camera barcode scanner software" search tells me that seems to be the case.
Furthermore, many scanning devices offer options to automatically 'place' the scanned barcode number into, for example: Appending it to the last line of a text file, the next row in Excel, etc ... (and I assume the laptop camera scanning softwares would have similar capabilities). Once you installed something like that, your database could be programmed to ingest the information from wherever it was placed, I would think.

SalmanZeiad

Local time
Today, 03:13
@SalmanZeiad
Since there are a myriad of mobile apps that "use" the camera in conjunction with their scanning software, I would think that you could install software on the laptop that utilizes the camera and creates a barcode scan, without purchasing a Scanner or any hardware.
In fact a quick Google "laptop camera barcode scanner software" search tells me that seems to be the case.
Furthermore, many scanning devices offer options to automatically 'place' the scanned barcode number into, for example: Appending it to the last line of a text file, the next row in Excel, etc ... (and I assume the laptop camera scanning softwares would have similar capabilities). Once you installed something like that, your database could be programmed to ingest the information from wherever it was placed, I would think.
I thought about the idea and I have a program that I wanted to ask if there is room for that

arnelgp

Local time
there is a solid Example here Generating and Decoding QRCode:
download the demo excel file.
the dll works both on x32 and x64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom