Learn to use a MAC - online? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:40
Is there any good resource, for free I hope maybe(?) where a person can just go to a website and tunnel into some sort of gadget (real or imaginary) which mimics a MAC and they can simply learn how to use it?

Or better, a software that shows you all the basics of navigating around and helps you figure out where to click?

Have someone who is taking a class using some software and most of their practice opportunity is in a computer lab with only Macs.
They need to learn how to use a MAC and spend a while getting more familiar - outside of the limited time they're allowed in that lab.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:40
You can theme your PC so it looks similar to a Mac, with a dock at the bottom. But there are a number of differences. I find the Finder (their stupid name for File Manager} to be rubbish. For example the default setup when you alpha sort is to have folders and files all mixed in together.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:40
The links below go beyond your question in that they involve using certain Linux distributions that mimic the MacOS. Several Linux distributions can be loaded onto a USB flash drive and run (virtually) from that flash drives without affecting your existing operating system (but does involve booting from the USB flash drive). Should you have a spare computer, a Linux distro could be installed on that computer for practice. That would essentially be similar to going to a computer lab. Of course going to a computer lab with real Macs for hands-on practice would be superior.

I have not heard of WacOS Linux distribution. It is also not referenced in the Foss article below this one, so I suspect it maybe new. As an apparently "new" distribution it may not yet be available for download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom