Limiting access to Add / Edit last/current record (1 Viewer)

Mike1sMike

Local time
Today, 03:21
Thank you to all the unsung heroes here who are responsive and so very very helpful.

I have a subform in datasheet style that I need to allow an end user to Add AND Edit the last record before they print a corresponding label. It appears that once they move away from the record anywhere else on the form (keeping the form open), they can't change it and if they screw it up (bless their little pointed heads), they can't change it before they print the corresponding label.

Am I thinking of this poorly with my little pointed head?

Again, thank you.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:21
So form is set to allow adding a record but not edit existing? Why have this restriction?

There may be ways to accomplish this requirement but I expect code would be complicated.

Mike1sMike

Local time
Today, 03:21
You know, you are correct. It all comes down to training.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:21
Thank you to all the unsung heroes here who are responsive and so very very helpful.

I have a subform in datasheet style that I need to allow an end user to Add AND Edit the last record before they print a corresponding label. It appears that once they move away from the record anywhere else on the form (keeping the form open), they can't change it and if they screw it up (bless their little pointed heads), they can't change it before they print the corresponding label.

Am I thinking of this poorly with my little pointed head?

Again, thank you.
So what are you doing to cause this behaviour?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:21
So, how about prompting the user to confirm their input before saving or moving away or letting them do anything else? Just a thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom