Link from one form in an access file to another form in another acsess file (1 Viewer)

Springblossom

Local time
Today, 01:53
Hello Dear Access Friends.

What is the best way to link a form from an access file to another form in a different access file on the same database?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:53
Hi. That's an unusual request. You normally link to tables, not forms. Can you explain exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish?

Springblossom

Local time
Hi. sure.
There is an access file with a form that presents the working days of each employee. there is another access file which presents the projects of each employee. I want to define a button on the project form that links(goes to) the working days form on another access file. both on the same database.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. sure.
There is an access file with a form that presents the working days of each employee. there is another access file which presents the projects of each employee. I want to define a button on the project form that links(goes to) the working days form on another access file. both on the same database.
Hi. Thanks for the additional information. As I was saying though, firms usually just displays the information from tables. So, you really want to link to the source table rather than the form. Maybe you could give that some thought.

Springblossom

Local time
Could you please guide me through the best way to link a form to another form on the same access file?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Could you please guide me through the best way to link a form to another form on the same access file?
What exactly do you expect to happen? You don't really "link" forms. Rather, you "refer" to open form controls by using the following syntax:

Forms!FormName.ControlName

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
Forms don't store data. Tables store data. If the data you need is in a different database, then as theDBguy suggested, link the TABLE you need from the other database. As long as you have a common field, you can use a query to join a table in one database to a linked table from a different database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom