Linking Access to SharePoint folder (1 Viewer)

Harris@Z

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:44
Hi, I wonder if this is possible and if someone can advise?

My database generates pdf reports to a folder that syncs through OneDrive to a SharePoint folder. On SharePoint, the pdf is electronically signed and moved to a second folder, where it is synced back to a second folder on OneDrive. From there, Access sends the electronically signed report to a client.

Is it possible to programmatically link Access to the SharePoint folder directly to save, delete, and move files between SharePoint folders instead of via OneDrive?
I have searched extensively and cannot find a solution which suggests either my search terms are wrong, or it cannot be done.

Any advise will be welcome.

Regards
Harris

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:44
Hi. I was also going to say you might look into using SharePoint to do the job. Another example is possibly by using Workflows.

Harris@Z

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:44
Thank you both for your input. I was not aware of SharePoint REST. Very foreign to me, and appears to be outside my level of understanding as an average programmer, but will explore further and see if I can learn enough to get this working!

dietrichvida

Local time
Today, 16:44
I appreciate both of your opinions. SharePoint REST was new to me. Very unfamiliar to me and seems to be beyond the comprehension of a typical coder, but I'll keep looking into it to see if I can find out enough to figure it out!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:44
I appreciate both of your opinions. SharePoint REST was new to me. Very unfamiliar to me and seems to be beyond the comprehension of a typical coder, but I'll keep looking into it to see if I can find out enough to figure it out!
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Let us know how it goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom