Linking Tables won't bring in Relationships (1 Viewer)

AccessKurzo

Dazed and Confused
Local time
Yesterday, 18:39
I have some code that programmatically links to different DB's, but it doesn't bring in the relationships of the linked DB.

How do I import the msysRelationships table? I need to delete some relationships, but my mSysRelationships table is empty in the Front End

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:39
I'm no expert here but....

>I have some code that programmatically links to different DB's, but it doesn't bring in the relationships of the linked DB.<

That's rather logical.
You only connect to the DB's, NOT to the DB structure...

> How do I import the msysRelationships table? I need to delete some relationships, but my mSysRelationships table is empty in the Front End<

Won't do, you'll have to delete the relationships in Backend..

RV

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:39
Relationships between tables are defined in order to enforce referential integrity. RI is enforced by the db where the table is stored. Just because you don't see the relationships when you link to the be tables, doesn't mean that they do not exist or that they will not be enforced. They DO and they WILL!

You cannot make any changes to linked tables via the Access GUI. You need to either open the be database and make the changes there or you need to make DDL queries or write DAO code that you can run from the fe db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom