Solved Linking text to a Page break so that it prints at the bottom of the page (Not using a Footer) (1 Viewer)

Sodslaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:27
Hi,
i'm looking to print out some text "FooterTxt2" just before a page break on an access report which only needs to appear on one page, the 2nd page at the bottom.
Above this text are 2 tables and a text box that need to grow and setting a top margin for the text has risk if the tables grow which they probably will.

Any advise on how to do this?

1644076886583.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:27
Defining a Page Footer might help. By definition, it prints just before the page break. It can interrupt another section, and you can put code in the page footer to suppress it if it is on the wrong page number. Since a page footer is a valid section, you can control its height and content, and can put code in the Section_OnFormat routines for the required tests for suppression.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:27
You might need a group footer. You say "second" page but I'm sure you mean "last" page of a section. Always printing something on the second page doesn't make much sense.

Sodslaw

Registered User.
Local time
You might need a group footer. You say "second" page but I'm sure you mean "last" page of a section. Always printing something on the second page doesn't make much sense.
Hi Pat thanks for your comment but as i explained i cant use the footer as the document will print anything up to 100 pages depending on the data and i dont want to show this text and the end of the report or on each page, only page 2.
Page 1 is an intorductory page to the report, page 2 is the summery (2 summery subreports) and then the detail follows (again 2 Detail subreports). one line in the summery is one page in the detail.

i beleive (and hope) :) the info that the @The_Doc_Man providide may do the trick i will have a go and report back.

thanks

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Will the summary page always only contain one page of information? If so, you might also be able to use a subreport. Just a thought...

Sodslaw

Registered User.
Local time
Will the summary page always only contain one page of information? If so, you might also be able to use a subreport. Just a thought...
brilliant forum, brilliant members, perfect solutions. ..... Thanks @DBguy it worked at reat! sorted now.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:27
but as i explained i cant use the footer as the document will print anything up to 100 pages depending on the data and i dont want to show this text and the end of the report or on each page,
Not in this thread. But now we know that you are printing multiple reports.

A page break on the Report Header might work also to get the second section to the second page.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
brilliant forum, brilliant members, perfect solutions. ..... Thanks @DBguy it worked at reat! sorted now.
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. We're all happy to assist. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom