List box not displaying properly after SP (1 Viewer)

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:45
We are running a Access 2000 DB on Access 2003. I was working fine before we upgraded from SP 2 to SP 3.

Here is the issue. We have a list box that is has a query for the row source and some of the fields are not displaying (i.e., we have a header for Vendor No and all the values are being displayed. We have a header for status and the column is blank).

I might be able to do a screen shot, but I would have edit the picture since the information is somewhat sensitive.

I have tried deleting the field in the query and restoring it, moving it to an different column. Deleting other fields from the query. Changing various properties for the list box, with no difference in the results (i.e, a blank column when I know I have values). I have also ran the original query that supplied values and it works fine.

FYI: I did not design this DB, I somewhat took it over after the person who did design this had to leave work (medical reasons).

I am open to any ideas or suggestions. I have suggested that our tech team roll back to SP2 if that was possible.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:45
SP3 requires a hot fix which is available from Microsoft.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I figured out the issue without knowing about the hotfix. I may have had the hotfix already (I get the MS software loaded from our techs).

Anyhow, for some reason in the design of the database for these fields in question (they are all text fields). The designer had put in a ">" for the format. I have not looked and seen what that does (hopefully it will not break anything else). But when I removed it, my fields were displayed.

Thanks.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I figured out the issue without knowing about the hotfix. I may have had the hotfix already (I get the MS software loaded from our techs).

Anyhow, for some reason in the design of the database for these fields in question (they are all text fields). The designer had put in a ">" for the format. I have not looked and seen what that does (hopefully it will not break anything else). But when I removed it, my fields were displayed.

Thanks.

Yep, that would be the other way, but you still might want to investigate the hotfix. There are some other things it fixes that SP3 broke.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I ended up applying the hotfix to the user's computer because another form was not displaying properly.

Thanks a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom