List box – Problem in finding correct record (1 Viewer)

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:38
I have two unbound list boxes and both contains many records (~100). Those list box row source is a query which contains a field bottleID which I have used in my dB to get the bar coding. When I move focus to any of list box and then scan a printed bar code, focus does not move to correct code but randomly to any code.

Bound field is bottle ID. I have checked scanning with text box and in excel etc, everywhere scanner detects code correctly.

Kindly advise what may be wrong. I hope this thread does not go un answered like some of my previous ones.

Best regards.

highandwild

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:08
So.. tell me if I am wrong but you are using a bar code scanner to scan a barcode and to put the code into a text box on a form. The record to be updated to be previously selected when you select a product in a listbox.

This bit works I assume.

Once this code has populated the text box what do you want to do?

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
I am sorry not to be clear.

I have populated list box with several records (codes), also I have command button which does some action once a code is selected in the list box.

Now, I need to select a record not manually but by a barcode scanner. Also, the list box populated not with barcode font but with some other regular fonts.

I do not have any text box, but I just checked that a text box works.

regards

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
In short, when I select a record by a bar code scanner in list box, it goes anywhere in the list box randomly.

On the net, I come across Key Press event to use for scanner, does experts have say in this. Please advise.

best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom