List box stays on top :( (1 Viewer)

ray147

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:18
I have a list box on a form, as well as a tab control...I need the tab control to be on top of the list box...I tried doing Format > Send to Back (list box) or Bring to Front (Tab Control)...but to no avail..

List box still stays ontop...any ideas?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:18
ray147 said:
I have a list box on a form, as well as a tab control...I need the tab control to be on top of the list box...I tried doing Format > Send to Back (list box) or Bring to Front (Tab Control)...but to no avail..

List box still stays ontop...any ideas?

Hey Ray,

I think I know what's going on. Try clicking on the list box and then CUT it, then go to the tab page that you want the list box on. Click on that page (in the middle of it), so that it gets the focus, then do PASTE. I think that will take care of your problem.

HTH,
Shane

ray147

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for yr answer Shane...
However this is not what I need...maybe I did not explain myself clearly..

the list box and the tab control are two seperate things...the tab control is not visible all the time (it only opens when the user clicks a button)....however I want that when the user opens the tab control, it would be on top of everything...this is working fine except for one thing..the list box...the list box on the form stays on top of the tab control...

any clue?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:18
ray147 said:
Thanks for yr answer Shane...
However this is not what I need...maybe I did not explain myself clearly..

the list box and the tab control are two seperate things...the tab control is not visible all the time (it only opens when the user clicks a button)....however I want that when the user opens the tab control, it would be on top of everything...this is working fine except for one thing..the list box...the list box on the form stays on top of the tab control...

any clue?

Ok, then how about making the lstbox not visible. Just add to your code behind the "button" they click this:

Me.[ListBoxName].Visible = False

HTH,
Shane

ray147

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Shane..

Smart solution...that solved my problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom