List Boxes and Arrays (1 Viewer)

kermit5

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:55
Is it possible to use the contents of an array as the record source for a list box?

Here is what I have:
I have a list box on the left which uses the fields available via a query. I have a multi-select array that is filled by the user selecting the desired fields from the list box. Currently, I simple place an "X" next to the fields that are selected. This only accomplishes 1/2 of what I need.

What I would like to do is fill the array when the desired record is in focus in the left list box (lstAvailableFields) and the user click on the Right Arrow. I would then like that field removed from lstAvailableFields (on the left) and added to a list box, lstSelectedFields, on the right. The user will have the option to de-select a record from the lstSelectedFields by clicking on the Left Arrow, or change the selected order (the priority) in the lstSelectedFields (as supplied by the array SlectedFields().

The intent is to dynamically create a form using the fields selected by the user in the order selected according to the lstSelectedFields (SelectedFields()).

I am able to fill the array and manipulate the order but I'm not sure how to enable the user to see the selected fields in the lstSelectedFields, or how to remove the fields from lstAvailableFields once the user has selected them.

Any ideas?

Scott

[This message has been edited by kermit5 (edited 04-22-2002).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom