Solved Listbox Macro (1 Viewer)

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:05
I have a listbox on mainform that goes to a specific applicant when clicked.. ="[Applicant_ID] = " & Str(Nz([Screen].[ActiveControl],0))

the issue i have is the applicant has a subform with more than one record, how can i filter the form to goto the specific record on the subform reported on the listbox.?

EG joe bloggs has 2 records on subform and displays twice on listbox but regardless of what joe bloggs i choose form the listbox. it always takes me to record 1 on the subform and i have to use navigation buttons to goto correct record. i am thinking i need some kind of filter additional step on the macro event..

take me to the applicant then filter on the app_ID..

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 18:05
Use some other data from the record as additional criteria to select the correct record.?
Perhaps show two columns in the list box, so the user can see which one they need to select.?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:05
on Edit View of your form/subform, click on the subform's border.
on its Property->Data, add Link Master Fields/ Link Child Fields.

the master fields: theComboboxName
the child fields: applicant_id

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
yeh ive done that already but how do i get the listbox to go directly to that record? do i need additional

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
Solved this one. basically used a combobox as a filter on the subform and only shows the records i need. Thanks for all your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom