Lists of ActiveX for Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

JPaulo

Developer
Local time
Today, 05:31
Hi all;

Where can I find a lists of ActiveX controls for Access 2007

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 23:31
Do you really want a list of all the ActiceX controls that are compatible with Access 2007? That list could easily be over 10,000+++.

I have never seen a complete list. That would take a lot of work.

Can you be more specific in what you are looking for?

JPaulo

Developer
Local time
Hi Boyd;

I need a list of all ActiveX controls related with Access 2007.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
The problem with requesting the ActiveX applets is that in my experience there are few that are freely available so it may be better to be more specific and ask whether a particular ActiveX component is available.

Simon

HiTechCoach

Local time
Hi Boyd;

I need a list of all ActiveX controls related with Access 2007.

f you are asking about what, if any, controls are used with a specific database then open the VBA editor and on the menu go to Tools> references.

Note: ActiveX controls are related to an individual database, not he Access program.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:31
And ActiveX controls that are available to be inserted can vary like the wind amongst machines. There is a LOT that can be added (and a lot listed that can't).

My advice - AVOID using ActiveX controls unless you absolutely have no choice. They can be a pain in Access and you must ensure that each user has it installed and registered properly on their machine. I only use them when I have no other choice. And then I make a program that installs them just to be safe.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
There are some cases that ActiveX has to be used, try images in an Access database Forms and Reports, starting point Access 1997, and refusing to use OLE bitmaps which are as dumb as a very large box of rocks. There was no other choice I could find. Otherwise I would agree with Bob that ActiveX is the "last chance saloon".

Simon

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Otherwise I would agree with Bob that ActiveX is the "last chance saloon".
Simon -

I think you should have kept the Otherwise part off. Because I had said:

boblarson said:
AVOID using ActiveX controls unless you absolutely have no choice.

So, your example was just that - you had no choice. I also had no choice when I had to use the MS Internet control to do some downloading of documents.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Thanks to all the opinions.

For Access 2000, Microsoft released a list, I just want to know if there was also for 2007.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208283

Actually, that wasn't a full listing. It is just showing the Forms 2.0 controls and mentions that the native controls are better.

I don't know of any full list. About the only way to get one would be to be able to install Office on an ultra-clean, brand new Windows installation and see what it installs. But I fear that even that would be flawed because some ActiveX controls that would be listed are not due to the Office installation, but due to the Windows installation itself.

kevin_Carr

Local time
Today, 14:31
Anyone know how I can get my hands on more information about the Microsoft web browser activeX? I use it in my DB and I want to pass credentials from a custom keychain.

Any help would be great.
Access2007 as well.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Anyone know how I can get my hands on more information about the Microsoft web browser activeX? I use it in my DB and I want to pass credentials from a custom keychain.

Any help would be great.
Access2007 as well.

The Microsoft Web Browser ActiveX control is Internet Explorer. I would recommend searching MSDN fro the object model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom