Long time lurker, first time poster (1 Viewer)

MrStatto

Local time
Today, 15:57
Hi, as the title suggests I've been here before picking up tips & tricks & thought it was about time I registered.

I've been working with Access on & off for about 15-20 years, but still consider myself quite a newbie - my main tool is Excel, but I'm finding it falls over more & more often due to the size of the data I'm working with (150k records). As a result I'm trying to migrate a lot of my reporting tools into Access so have a lot of questions to ask - all help will be gratefully received!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

Here are just a couple of tips for you:

1. Feel free to ask any question you like, however basic you may feel it is, or even if it has been answered before. Our expert members thrive on helping you out!

2. If you prefer a dark theme to the forums, just go to the bottom left of this forum and click "Default style". You will then see a selection of themes to choose from. I like Shades of Blue. :)

3. If you like any of the answers you get, feel free to click the "Like" link on the bottom right hand corner of the post. If you hover over the Like link, you can even choose the type of smiley.

Above all, hang around here, have fun, learn stuff and join in.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome to the forum :)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:57
Welcome to AWF, MrStatto.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:57
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

AlanLonghurst

Local time
Today, 08:57
Hi, as the title suggests I've been here before picking up tips & tricks & thought it was about time I registered.

I've been working with Access on & off for about 15-20 years, but still consider myself quite a newbie - my main tool is Excel, but I'm finding it falls over more & more often due to the size of the data I'm working with (150k records). As a result I'm trying to migrate a lot of my reporting tools into Access so have a lot of questions to ask - all help will be gratefully received!
Hi MrStatto

I would recommend moving your data into a SQL database and then using ODBC links to the table from Access. It will handle 150K records very comfortably. SQL Express is free so there will be no cost implication. Things that you do need to consider though are how is your system deployed and who needs to access the data?

You could also use the Access tables in the database - depending on what you are doing with the 150k records in the tables, this may become cumbersome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom