Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:26
I have three databases.
A.
B.
C.

I have three different users.

User 1 needs to be able to add and edit data in database A. User 1 also need to be able to view data in database B and C.

User 2 needs to be able to add and edit data in database B. User 2 also need to be able to view data in database A and C.

User 3 needs to be able to add and edit data in database C. User 1 also need to be able to view data in database A and B.

They THINK they want one Switchboard with buttons for each database on it.

What in your opinion is the most efficient way to accomplish this. I can think of several ways of getting this done...but I want an EXPERTS opinion.

As always thank you!
Suzanne

JoeComputer

Pastafarian
Local time
Today, 04:26
I'd suggest reading up about how Access handles users and user groups. You could go into the security window and allow read-only access to the tables/forms/queries/etc. to those who should only have read-only access, and full access to others.

I use it in all my databases. I have users grouped into different groups I defined myself. The groups are assigned rights to the object in the database, so when a new users is added, I just add him to the appropriate group, saving the work of having to assign this user THESE objects but not THESE other objects, etc.. Works nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom