Looking for a simple way to create a qr code and load into a database (1 Viewer)

JPFred

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:16
I am a beginner / intermediate VBA programmer and need an easy to understand a code example that will accomplish the following:

The table is mytable with the following fields: texttoread (string), qrcodeadd (string? )

Read the table mytable and generate a QR code that will be stored into the field qrcodeadd for the read record. i.e.

read table mytable
using the data in the texttoread field, generate the qrcode that will be stored in the field qrcodeadd
read next record

I realize that this example is very basic but is shows that I do not need to display the generated qr code on the screen. All I need is the generated qr code to be stored into the qrcodeadd field in the table. I will use this field at a later time to generate a report with the actual image of the qr code.

Please keep in mind that I do not have a ton of experience with VBA.

Thanks,

Doc

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:16
You could start by looking at the similar threads at the bottom here?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:16
Hi Doc. I am not sure I understand. Unless I am mistaken, a QR code is a graphical representation of a string. If so, how can you store it in a String field? Can you give us an example of what that data might look like? Thanks!

JPFred

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Doc. I am not sure I understand. Unless I am mistaken, a QR code is a graphical representation of a string. If so, how can you store it in a String field? Can you give us an example of what that data might look like? Thanks!
An example of the data string to convert would be: "2022-0001-Star Wars"

JPFred

Registered User.
Local time
Is there a font that can be used like the free barcode font?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:16
An example of the data string to convert would be: "2022-0001-Star Wars"
No, I meant what would be the string representation of a QR code that you want to store in a string field called qrcodeadd would look like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom