LOSING DATE & TIME STAMP (1 Viewer)

G

GATOR

I have a multiuser Access mdb running on a novel server. Problem date and time stamp on log form nolonger works. Problem only exists on the users workstation. User can go another workstation and program works fine. Problem did not effect all users, only two users were affected. Any ideas??

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
So only two were affected, Good news is that it does not sound like its the program. Not knowing anything about the machines the failed I would say they may have a problem with the date. I would check to see if they are returning a valid date from the BIOS. Just open Note pad and press F5 also look at the system clock to make sure it is displaying 2000 for a year and not 1900.

G

GATOR

Travis
The bios data and time are correct on both machines, I even reinstalled Office and still the problem remains. This happened last year around this time. Never got a resolution. However,when we ghosted the machines(wipe them clean) last year the problem was gone. I don't to do that again.

B

BSchulte

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. Last week all other users of an MDE database application that is used across the LAN have discovered that all field utilizing the Date Function are no longer working instead they get the "#Name?" error, yet it works fine from my station.

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:57
yeah Date() has gone on me too, but once data is entered into the form(s) in any field it picks up and turns into Date() as it should be

G

GATOR

KDg,

For what ever reason your fix does not work for my problem. I am wondering if the network as something to do with cause. Bschulte is what kind of network are you running?

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:57
It wasn't meant to be a fix - just an oddity to add to the list. Is this affecting Now() as well as Date(). In case it helps any(?) I'm on NT4 and Access97

B

BSchulte

I am working on Access97 on a MS Network. I also noticed that ALL Queries using the Date() are NOT working either instead I get an error that the function is unavailable.

Someone suggested that I should goto a Code Module, select Tools, References and check all references for all the users of this database to see if any are missing. That has not seemed to work. I also check to make sure that in the Control Panel, Regional Settings, Time tab setting are also similar. Again no joy.

I do some programming in VB 6, so I am wondering if some of the libraries and dll from VB6 have overwritten the Access version, and that they are NOT 100% compatible. Is this possible?

This problems does not seem to effect the Now() function, in fact that is working fine.

[This message has been edited by BSchulte (edited 01-10-2000).]

B

BSchulte

Well, finally solved the problem, and boy do I feel stupid. I caused the problem by issuing a "make MDE" command and accidently created a new mde application instead of overwriting the older one as intended. So, when everyone began using the older version, all referances were messed up.

Once I got rid of the mistake mde copy and over wrote the older version with a rebuilt mde as I should have done originally, all problems vanished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom