Lost files on server - please help. (1 Viewer)

jaluna25

Local time
Yesterday, 22:02
I have a major problem. I am a teacher and there is a computer room in my school.

One of the students had to prepare a project for me worth alot of marks for her subject.

The computer room is laid out like this (excuse my limited tech knowledge) 12 workstations and a tutor computer. Connected by a server. Each student has their own folder on the server which they can access from their work station.

The student above printed off a copy of her project for me and then remarked the next day that she had accidentally deleted it from her folder - accessed by her on her workstation. I then immediately looked for her printed copy which due to Murphy's Law seems to have dissapeared in our office and I can't find it anywhere.

I am now seriously panicking.

My sole experience with servers before was in a work environment with a back up server computer which made automated back ups every day. However this server is not like that - it is just a rectangular box like a sky box in a cupboard.

Is there any way I can recover this file?

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:02
Does the server have a garbage pail that you can access. If so, then you might be able to find the file. Do you have a Network Administrator that can assist you?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:02
or if you have restore points (depending on the version of Windows - I presume the server runs Windows) which any properly set-up network should have you can right click on any folder (even from the client machine) go to properties > previous versions and restore from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom