Lost text boxes (1 Viewer)

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:05
Has anyone had this problem? I originally created several text boxes and named them so that I could move the result of a vb calc to them. I moved the boxes (cut & paste!, mistake) to the footer (created in detail) and they lost their name values. Their names show up in the properties field box window but there is no box on the form (tab) I can't change the name of a new text box as it says one already exists. I need to find these boxes or get rid of the Names so I can re-create new ones. I have checked the whole Form (5 tabs)
Any assistance would be greatful Access 2003

grnzbra

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:05
Perhaps one of the dimensions has been reduced to zero. Try highlight everything in the footer and see if you get handles where you didn't think anything was located.

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your response, grnzbra

Yes, I had tried that, in all the tabs, Header and footer. Usually if you click on the Name in the properties box it will jump to the text box. No Luck.

Meanwhile I've done a work a round, new boxes, new names (don't move them!):eek:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
i agree with grnzbra, they must be there - perhaps they've ended up UNDER something else - as you say lightray, when you select the field from the drop down list, access should take you to the field.

Do you have a wide right margin - try and reduce the form size - access will stop you when it hits a text box etc.

lightray

Registered User.
Local time
For those who may be following this thread. The lost boxes were found in the detail of the form, after I had deleted the 5 Tab forms.
I found this out by working on a copy, wasn't about to do it on the live form.
lightray

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
I appreciate this is a belated comment but may help someone someday..

On the "Formatting (Form/Report)" toobar there is a dropdown box that allows you to select an object directly. I've found this useful particular when I have overlapping objects that are difficult to select with the mouse or by successive tabbing. Not sure if it would have helped here though.

Stopher

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom