Lost Time (1 Viewer)

mudrun

Local time
Today, 11:52
Hello - I'm a general access user, with limited knowledge. I append data each month to a database. an employee will work the data every month. when the employee completes their review, i have them select current date and then a done, check box.

I'm looking, in addition to the date, to add the time that employee completed that record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:52
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

If you're using Date() to add the date, try using Now() instead, so the time will also be included.

Hope that helps...

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:52
depends how they are selecting the current date. The usual way would be to set the default value to your field to now()

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
How are you currently capturing the time? Specifically? Objects, controls, events, post your code.
Look into the Now() function.

mudrun

Local time
The form is Datasheet view, with appended data i add each month -
in the table design view, i have tried Now() and cannot get the time employee entered data for each line.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Check all of the design properties of that particular column in the Table design view.

mudrun

Local time
i have the default value at Now() and Validation Rule as Date()

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What is your process for doing the append? Code, query, etc? Can you please post it?

mudrun

Local time
i receive monthly data, which i place in an excel. the external data (excel) is then appended to the database table - i spilt the table(s) and give the employees the front end Datasheet form to complete -

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
i have them select current date and then a done, check box.
What I've quoted is the point in time when this date/time stamp--the one you're trying to add the Time onto--goes into the database, Right?

***If the Default Value of that column, in the Table design, is Now(), then you can probably skip having the user select the current date--any newly inserted records will already get Now() added to that column when inserted, without doing anything else.

mudrun

Local time
yes - my goal is to be able to look at the back end copy, and verify completed work showing the time at which the entry was worked. I do this already, able to see all completed work with the date it was completed, but not time.
Sorry if I'm not answering the questions correctly.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'm sorry, I'm still not clear on exactly what process or at what point the record first gets inserted into the table.
Also, how do they perform this edit where they check the Done box? By opening the table directly? By a form?

mudrun

Local time
They open a form, showing the appended data, which i import using the Import Spreadsheet Wizard. I have the appended data locked so no changes can be made.

when they open their from view, they're able to view the locked appended data. I've added four (4) extra field names, which need to be completed by the employee. An Employee Name field, Employee Comment field, Yes/No field (check box, which when checked removes that data from appearing for the employee), and a Todays Date field (using - Data() in Validation Rule)

When they check the, Check Box, that line disappears when they either refresh and/or close and reopen the form to continue to work.

I can't get a time, Now(), in the date/time field, so I can monitor when that line was completed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
How about you use that form's BeforeUpdate event? Inside that event, write a line of code that sets the value of the form control to Now()
Me.Controlname.Value=Now()

That way they don't have to select anything. Does that help the right value go in the table if you test it out?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:52
you can also attach Before Change data macro to your table.
2020-09-05_10-15-25.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom