Mail Inventory (1 Viewer)

cross5900

Blarg!
Local time
Today, 12:50
Hello all. I am in need of some intelligent brains =)

I have a barcode scanner (Videx LaserLite DuraTrax) that I am using to scan the barcode of all the mail we receive. I am attempting to come up with a common characteristic between each mail company (DHL, Fedex, UPS, USPS) that would allow me to sort and organize each.

This way when I dump into a text, I can import it to a database and easily manage it.

Any ideas on how I can go about this, or maybe a better solution that I could use to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

dsigner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:50
I have not programmed a bar code system but it appears that no one else is going to answer this one. I assume from your question that the bar code contains the name of the company amongst other data. You need an algorithm to breakdown and extract the constituent parts of the bar code. Then you can load these into an Access Table. From there you can sort on company quite easily. If the company is coded then you will need a look up table to translate the code to a company name.

This is all fairly simple and straightforward. If you need help then I suggest that you let us see the bar codes together with their meaning. About 20 varied ones should do. Some one on the forum will then write a little sub-routine. Hopefully some one with more elegant code than mine but if all else fails.....

cross5900

Blarg!
Local time
Today, 12:50
Thanks for the reply. I have actually managed to figure out what I needed to do with this. I was just looking for input and suggestions during my planning phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom