MAIL MERGE IN MS ACCESS WITH WORD DOC POSSIBLE? (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:56
Oops. I thought I posted this but it was just saved as a draft

vba_php, the drawback to that code is that it opens 2 instances of word. Upon closing, both instances prompt for you to save the documents. At the very least you should close the un-needed instance programatically.

@Ashfaque I should mention that the example I posted is my version of Albert Kallals code. Mine is a little more complicated due to the manner in which I gather my data for multiple recipients. My code also uses a temp database for the merge table. This allows me to easily add numerous extra merge fields for any record such as dates formatted in different ways or different variations of names ie. Mr. Smith, Jon Smith or Smith, Jon. I also added a library so that documents can be sorted into different categories by folder.

Alberts original code has various options which are described in the comments in the code. For instance he has a MergeSingleWord which only requires I believe one line of code. It can basically be dropped into any project with very little to no changes

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
If it couldn't get updates it wouldn't have gotten the update from last year. Check the update number and see if you have it. If so remove it.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 05:56

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Check if you have this update
Office 2016: Description of the security update for Office 2016 - November 12, 2019 (KB4484113)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom