Mail Merge in MS Word (using data from MS Access) (1 Viewer)

xuhathdo

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:51
Hey,

Here is my situation. I often create contract using mail merge. I have an access file that I want to use as data source for word file. But it does not automatically.

Please see the attached file !

If there are 1 customer and 1 property, I do not need to do anything. Conversely, if there are many customers and many properties, I take time to manipulate.

Firstly, I open the word file. I have to copy and paste paragraphs that I want. Highlight of the original paragraphs is blue.

Secondly, I click 'Insert Word Field' -> select 'Next Record'.

In short, I want to use VBA in access file to automatically perform the steps that I have outlined.

I really hope people please help me on this !

Thanks, much appreciated !

Attachments

• Document.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 83

mh123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:51
Hi

How I do this is to set up the mail merge documents with the merge fields pre-inserted, then in your access DB make a query which pulls the ONE record you want to use for that contract.

How I would suggest for you to do would be your button to 'generate contract' which opens your word doc and that word doc is linked to the query (make sure the query filters the PK you want based on your current record in your form). As your query will have a filter you will need to save the connection from the word document to access via DDE (or it will ask you to re establish the connection everytime you open doc) and make sure you save the word document as a 97-2003 template or you may get issues.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom