MailMerge: Unlink the Page Numbers (1 Viewer)

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
Hi,

I am using Mail Merge to generate a contract from Access/VBA. I need to create another version that only contain the acknowledgement/signature pages from the generated document for the client to review and sign. I am deleting the pages for signature version through VBA to keep the one's that are acknowledgment / signatures related. Is there any command / way to keep the original page number?

Thank you
Mohsin

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:43
This sounds like a Word question since Word is the one generating the page numbers.

Regardless, the answer is no unless you can save them before the pages are deleted and then put the page numbers back as text boxes rather than generated page numbers.

It seems to me that the signatures have no meaning without the text of the document so maybe I'm missing something.

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the response. Yes Word is generating the page numbers, I was hoping for anything Word built-in and for the user easy to follow. I appreciate the hint and will try writing to the text-boxes (I believe that the text-box should not be added in the footer section to make this work).

We usually submit 02 versions of the document to the client (one a complete contract and the second with acknowledgement and signature sections extracted from the contract).

Thank you
Mohsin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom