Solved Major cockup with default form (1 Viewer)

UserError

Local time
Today, 07:22
I was sent a database to repurpose for a new project. I last used Access in about 2009...
So far, I've got through ok, albeit slowly in places.

I added my tables & forms into the old database, so I could copy the formatting etc. I used a different naming convention so they're all separate (original was "mainForm" mine is "FrmMain" etc).

I was literally just putting the fininshing touches on everything when I wanted to set the default opening form to mine not the original. I looked up & followed MS instructions about File>Options>Current database & set the form to mine.

However, I've found that my FrmMain has been overwritten with the original MainForm content whilst retaining the FrmMain name. No problem, I have a backup copy form. Nope overwritten.
OK, I'll open the backup copy DB. Overwritten - this is some application-level thing?

Please could someone tell me how to stop it overwriting my form then how to set my form as the correct one?
There was always a tight deadline on this and my client is needs this out in the field tomorrow, I am completely screwed.
Many thanks
UPDATE I went back into the options settings and changed it back to the original "MainForm" & lo & behold, my form is back. However, I need to be able to set it so my form opens - how do I do that please? I can find nothing online about this.

UPDATE. This is mad - it's changed everything again and I currrently can't get it to change back.

Last edited:

UserError

Local time
Panic over. I found a macro called "autoexec", which opened the original form. Which is how, I think, when I'd set the Access option/current database to be "FrmMain", it was displaying that title but the "MainForm" content. A very unpleasant hour that has been.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:22
Have a drink. That was a bad start to the day and It's 5 O'clock somewhere:)

UserError

Local time
Have a drink. That was a bad start to the day and It's 5 O'clock somewhere:)
It was nearly COP here when I wrote that.... I would have a drink but I've now been shafted by MS breaking the "duplicate record" button which is a key component. There is a great deal on the web about this and a million solutions which I need to sift for my own basic situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom