Make several rows appear on all pages when printing (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 06:09
Since I am not ready to do this in Access yet, I must do it in Excel. I am trying to create essential a report that the user will fill in. One requirement that I cant seem to figure out is how to hard a large header appear on every single page. I essentially want to "lock" rows 1-20 and have them appear as the header on every page when printed.

Super simple thing in Access, but not so much for me in Excel. Could anyone offer up some advice?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:09
Since I am not ready to do this in Access yet, I must do it in Excel. I am trying to create essential a report that the user will fill in. One requirement that I cant seem to figure out is how to hard a large header appear on every single page. I essentially want to "lock" rows 1-20 and have them appear as the header on every page when printed.

Super simple thing in Access, but not so much for me in Excel. Could anyone offer up some advice?
check out page layout / print options "repeat rows" option

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:09
This normally does it?
1610561946109.png

tmyers

Local time
I ironically just remembered that feature. My mind was just stuck on "header". Sometimes it just takes asking the question to figure out the answer!

tmyers

Local time
One other quick question for you two though. Now I am trying to format rows past this header. I dont want to predefine how many rows are formatted, as that would require the user to delete them out before printing otherwise they would all print. Was there an easy work around for that?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:09
In general for Access, it is NOT easier to get forgiveness than to get permission. The best way to avoid having a user have to delete certain rows is to figure a way to exclude them in the first place i.e. dont' print-and-remove, just never print them in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom