Managing Word 2010 headers with revision status per page (1 Viewer)

xpedite

Local time
Today, 16:40
I hope someone can help me with the following issue:

I have a document that is based on an accepted template ( which must be used, so I am not able to be creative here :mad: )
The header is a table with company logo on the left , document title in the middle and a column on the right with the following information:

Section : Heading 2 level ( eg. 2.3 )
Page: The page number for the field above
Date: The revision date of the page
Revision: The revision number of the page

The main issue is that in most occasions only one page of the Heading 2 'section' will be amended. Hence requiring only the header of one page to be different of the other pages.
I inherited this manual and would like to set things straight so that I don't have to keep using manual corrections in the page numbers etc. Currently the document is filled with Section breaks, headers that are either linked or not to the previous header, page numbers that are manually changed ... :banghead:

Is this possible, or is this an achilles heel of Word ?
If possible, please point me in the right direction.

Any help would be much appreciated!;)

gerry@docshop.ie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:40
Hi,

I can completely relate to what you are trying to achieve having worked as an aircraft tech for many years.

Headers and Footers can initially be confusing for Word but once you get your head around the concept you will be well able to achieve your goal.

The main point to understand is that to have a different header on a page you need to create a new section PAGE LAYOUT - NEXT PAGE (all pages in a section will have the same header, except for the option to have a different first page header or having even and odd page headers)

As to page numbering you will need to ensure that page numbering option is Continue from Previous Section. HEADER & FOOTER TOOLS - PAGE NUMBER - FORMAT PAGE NUMBERS

Hope this helps - if you need more assistance I will be happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom